What if... Christmas?


What if we forget about Christmas this year?
What if we let behind all this crazy running for presents, shopping and perfection?
I know I'm ready for this as I know that this year Christmas time has no meaning for me.
I don't find this sad, it's real, all I find annoying is the constant questions and expectations about it.
What if I'm not going to have a Christmas tree this year also, or cook the traditional food like everybody else?
What if all this consumerism doesn't suit me or I don't want to waste my time in crowded shops?
What if I only spend my time with the people I enjoy and stop trying to please all?
What if we let go the idea of perfection and live as we do in any other day?
What if instead of faking hapiness we show our life as it is?
We may show  that we feel tired, overwelmed, worried, sad, alone, etc.
Since I spent the last Christmas with my mum in the hospital 5 years ago, on these days I'm thinking at all the people having to go through such moments.
There you find no fake hapiness, everything is raw and real, unpleasant and hard to carry.
I'm also thinking of all the kids in orphanage for which family means nothing or alone, sick old people.
Instead of fake happy people, couples, families I'd rather want to see raw feelings,kindness and compassion.
This December hurt a lot for me, all the holidays are a burden and I get tired to explain why.
What if I just want to forget about Christmas this year and just read and sleep?

Comments

Popular Posts