Your story


I don't remember telling this story before.
Dave Gahan was singing " I'm just afraid of losing you" the same day I found out you were brought to hospital in brain death.
You had gone to work like any other day and never returned.... I was hoping you'd make it and then laugh about it.
Everything begin with the decision of some idiots that consumed you every day...
The moment I saw you in an emergency room vulnerable, with a body wanting to continue living and a dead brain was overwhelming.
In those moments I just wished you didn't suffer or suffer less.
I called to the hospital on a Tuesday morning, but you were gone. It didn't felt real, I was angry and shocked.
I couldn't stay near you, look at you or even say good bye. I was blocked.Weeks later I was still waiting for you to return, but never did.
It took me almost 6 months to go to your grave...
With your departure I learnt how to stand in front of death, so months later I could be near mom and not be afraid.
I still can't help my teas while writing this and it's said that when you can tell your story without crying you've healed.


Comments

Popular Posts