Life is short



Most of the time we forget that this life is so damn short and act like we had all the time.
When something unexpected happens to us or near us we open our eyes and maybe change some things.
I found out someone I knew died suddenly and let behind a 10 years old daughter.
I felt the same shock, surprise and empty hole in my stomach as I did when I was told my dad died.
Back then I was shocked and freezed and hoping he would wake up from being brain dead.
I thought he had more time left so I decided not to visit him on that 9th September Monday.
I regret not being there, my denial stopped me from evaluating the whole situation.
It's so hard and sad when you lose people like this. There is no time to prepare, so many things left unsaid...
Life is not fair in many ways, you get to play with the cards you are given.
Just forget the fear that's stopping you from doing the next step, make that call, write that text, tell people you love them.
I am impatient because I saw how short moments can be, how everything you used to know vanishes.
For me this was a reminder that whatever I was fearing was less important than simply living, loving, trying again.

Comments

Popular Posts