Let's put a pause


It's almost Christmas again and all I see around me is people hurrying from one place to another, buying stuff, hoping they can make up for the time they'd missed.
I enjoy my latte and wonder if they are going to wake up and understand that their family, lovers, kids need them to be present, to make new memories, to be together.
I barely remember the presents I received on Christmas when I was a kid or years ago, but I do remember the feelings.
I remember how my mum surprised me by decorating the Christmas tree in 2012,because she knew I never liked to do it myself.
Maybe she liked to do it more than me, I always enjoyed the lights and spent my nights watching the lights in the tree.
I also remember the last Christmas we spent together in 2013 in the hospital, after 2 brain surgeries in one month.
On that year there were no presents, I didn't care about the food, I was too tired, hurt and worried.
Inspite of everything,I'm grateful because on that day she gave me all the time and love.
I always wanted the holidays to be peaceful, because they've been a mess for so long.
Put a pause,give time, be present, make memories, laugh, allow yourself to feel everything.
Drink a glass of red wine, listen to your music, read a book or do whatever makes you happy.
This Christmas I want to put a stop on the noisy world and enjoy the quiet, because I finally feel it peaceful.






Comments

Popular Posts