Powerful


I heard people telling me many times how powerful I'd been after losing my family.
I looked at them and never believe I was as powerful as they said, actually the opposite.
I was feeling very vulnerable and I had no other option than keep on moving. 
That was until I found myself at the lowest point, in the darkest corner, always afraid and hurt by the worst pain I could ever experience. 
I tried so hard to get out of that place with slow steps, having to face anxiety for the activities that were so normal before. 
I had moments when I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, when the relief was that I could sleep and end the day. 
I had to learn how to feel again, how to find joy in the little things and try to be in the present as much as I could. 
There are still many moments when is hard and I feel anxious or hurt, but I try to stay with those feelings. 
Each little step that makes me feel powerful again is my win. 


Comments

Popular Posts