50 days with AIP diet



Today marks my 50th day on AIP diet and this makes me feel pretty proud.

I heard about AIP( autoimmune protocole ) diet years ago, when I discovered my autoimmune Graves, but never had the curiosity to try it. 

It seemed very difficult to follow and I had been going to different nutritionists in this time, without succeding to lose the weight I wanted.

With the normal eating plans that most of the people are following my max weight loss was 2 Kg in a month, but as much as I was trying the loss was never liniar.

I stopped to enjoy eating and got frustated with the fact that I was unable to lose the number of kilos my nutritionists had targeted.

The normal plans had never worked, because my autoimmune condition was not normal and it needed special conditions.

I began feeling the changes on my health from the very first days on this restrictive diet. There are 50 days now since I felt no pain, and I've been dealing with great pain from IBS for the last 6 years.

AIP includes mainly vegetables and meats, the main focus is heal the gut and reduce inflammation in your body , to put the autoimmune condition into remission.

This was my main focus when I decided to try AIP and the changes it made on my overall health are amazing.

In AIP there are certain foods you need to avoid: grains, legumes(beans, soy,peanuts),eggs, nuts, sugar,nighshade vegetables, dairy,gluten,etc.

This list seem scary at the beginning, but with some organisation and creativity you can manage to cook tasty meals with the foods that are allowed.

The first days had been the hardest, the body had to get used to zero sugar, but after some days the level of energy increased and I got more confident that I can follow the first clean 90 days.

Eating out is also difficult, because you have to search only for the combinations that are allowed, but that's also another thing that you get used to. 

There are also the people around you that sometimes don't understand your new way of eating, mainly because their health condition is not simillar to your. 

I've lost more than 7 kg in these 50 days , but my main focus is to put my Graves into remission.

The plan is to have 90 days AIP, then to slowly begin to add foods that were not allowed , to monitor the body's reaction to them and see what stays and what goes.

What I will not reintroduce in my diet,for sure, are : sugar, gluten, dairy.

My journey with AIP diet began as a solitary journey, but I was lucky to find some people to help me make this journey a little easier.

When I saw that the conventional medical system was failling me in treating my autoimmune disease, I decided it was up to me to find some other solutions.







Comments

Popular Posts