There is no promise of future happiness


All around people think that they will find happiness sometime in the future, when they are going to be rich, beautiful and all their wishes will come true.

We've all been in this trap, especially when the present moment didn't seem to be enough for the expectations we had.

Lately,I've tried to stay more in the present, to avoid this trap of thinking that my happiness is in the future.

I don't know if there's a easy road, because I hadn't find one yet. What I did find were many examples of how fragile and short life really is.

Maybe that was the moment when I stopped making any type of plans. I thought plans have low chances of success and I better spend my energy in the now, day after day.

On this pandemic, more than ever before, the level of uncertainty is high and it's extremely difficult to forecast anything on short or medium term.  

Our world is not a single piece any more, it's an entire system and nobody can predict how the system is going to work or for how long.

This is why making new plans at this point seems like puting too much blind faith in the future.  Since March, I've seen all my little short-term plans vanishing. 

Instead,I was surprised to discover and take new paths, that I never saw coming in those plans.

When I lived some moments with people that now are gone, I promised myself to never forget the fragility of life and how the present is all I actually have.

In the times when the present feels overwhelming, these past moments are my compass to come back to what actually matters to me. 

That's when I choose to be free and do more of what makes me happy in the moment, each day at a time.

I know very well how precious and fragile each moment is, so I won't start to run for a projection. This is not my race, I'm on my own marathon.

There is no promise of future happiness.











Comments

Popular Posts