About Dom Hemingway and my crush Jude Law


I remember seeing Alfie years ago and thought it was a funny movie with a good looking actor. I saw Alfie again last weekend and nothing changed that much....
But the trigger was The Young Pope, the new HBO miniseries where Jude Law is playing an american young non-conformist pope who drink Cherry Zero Coke.
So I wanted to search and see more movies with Jude Law and Dom Hemingway was the lucky one.
I barely recognized Jude Law or his lovely face in this movie, a 2013 British black comedy.
The monologue in the beginning is quite fun and probably the thing you will remember after seeing this movie.
So Dom( Jude Law) is a safe cracker who spent 12 years in prison and now seeks his payment. He's funny, goes from angry to laughing, but always getting his way.
But in spite of all his running after money he wants to be accepted again by his daughter, so a little piece of happiness.
What I liked was another monologue, at his wife's grave, where he becomes human again. That reminded my that I used to know someone who was very unhappy and I could understand better that feeling.
This character is not what you would generally expect from Jude Law, kind of the opposite, but is so well played, that you begin to like it in spite of all the flaws and stupid things he does.
I will write separately about the Young Pope, which is probably the best movie of 2016.







Comments

Popular Posts